Monday, October 19, 2009

pressure

Today I was in L % D with my doc checking up on a patient and another physician came in. This physician is one we assist on almost all his surgeries with because he broke both wrists in a freak racquetball accident (dont ask me!). Both of them are pretty cool but the other one, not my doc, is pretty old school about things. Both of them were looking at the monitoring of all the patients on the computer monitors and he asked my doc if he would help him do a section on one of the women there. My doc looked at the girl's strip and proceeded to talk the other doc out of sectioning her and said that she would deliver naturally and the decelerations on the strip were nothing to worry about..he was 100% sure that she would deliver vaginally if he just gave her the time to do so. He actually talked the other doc out of doing a c-section..pretty cool! However, it is kinda sad because this shouldn't be a cool or different thing to see...this should be the norm..not doing sections..ugh.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense..I am exhausted and awaiting yet another phone call which is sure to come in the middle of the night. Sad that OB/GYN is coming to an end this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment