Saturday, October 17, 2009

One more week to go

As I sit here waiting for a phone call from my doc to come in for a delivery (hopefully!) I am realizing it is my last weekend on call for OB, which is making me sad. After I switched doctors I have really enjoyed my rotation. I like both the OB and the GYN part, I love doing procedures in the office, I love all the baby stuff (esp the ultrasounds my doc does!) and I like the surgeries. So, it is good that I switched so I wasn't dreading everyday of a rotation that I could potentially love. My new doc is a world difference then the old one. In fact, after discussing things with my school I think they are planning on removing all students from future rotations with such doc. Yay! No one should ever have to learn from such a person!

Anyways, my new doc and I had a good conversation on Friday about fetal monitoring during labor. He actually said as good as it is he feels like it hasn't really decreased fetal death rates that much or decreased cerebral palsy rates that much either..it has only, in his opinion, increased c-section rates which is not beneficial to mom or baby. He talks a lot about how things have changed since he started practice and how things are now and this is just another one of those topics. He loves to teach and I really am happy that he is so good with his patients and has some of the same opinions as I do on the birthing process!

Also, I am trying to read as much as I can..but it is sooo hard when you don't have tests! haha
I am site representative for my hospital site, that means if anyone has a problem they can talk to me first before the school or if any second years have questions about coming here then they can email me and I'll figure out the answers for them. UGH it is becoming really annoying! I can not believe some of these second years. They are really freaking out about this decision. I have finally emailed most of them saying you will get what you want to get out of your rotations, they are what you make them! Any place you choose to go will good docs and bad docs, you can't avoid that! They are driving me nuts.

Fall seems to be here but it is rainy and cold outside and almost feels like winter...besides it is supposed to snow here tomorrow! booo! Even though I love winter, I would like some nice fall days and nights too!

No comments:

Post a Comment