Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Holy Batman!

So tonight I went and heard Gloria Steinem give a speech..it was amazing! She is so fantastic and there were so many people there which surprised me! Our little group of medical students for choice got a picture with her at the end which was great and can't wait to get a copy of it! I even got the nerve up to stand up and ask her a question. I asked something like what she thought about medicine restricting the birth rights of mothers in the country (aka blocking vbacs and vaginal breeches etc) and how important it is to support the birth rights of women in this country as well as the rights of abortion. She gave a good response, mostly I can't remember right now but she did say that it is a very important part of the feminist movement and always should be. I am so tired right now..maybe I'll right more later.

ohhhh and I did my first vaginal birth today!!! So AWESOME! The mom did a fantastic job.

No comments:

Post a Comment