Thursday, October 22, 2009

One last day...

So tomorrow is my last day of my OB/GYN rotation, which I am very sad about! It has been a really great rotation with both positives and negatives but mostly positives. I am exhausted but not wanting it to be over yet! My doc and I had a great explanation of VBACs today. He is one of the only doc's around the area that will do them (at another hospital!). A woman actually came in today with a very early pregnancy. She had drove about 45 min to come see him. Together they discussed and planned her VBAC. After she left I asked him how he feels about VBACs. He said that he has done about 200 and he has not had anything go wrong yet. He feels that he can do VBACs as long as he is really comfortable with it, which in most cases he is. He even said that in most of these cases, he felt that the first c-section was not necessary. He said this ,"Most of these sections were just done so someone could get to their golf game probably". This made me laugh but it is probably very true, which is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment