Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It is that time of the year again!

On my way to DC for DO Day on the Hill. I am very excited about this. DO Day is one of my favorite things of the year. It feels so good to be lobbying for healthcare and to be an active physician-to-be. My first time I must say I was nervous to speak to the senators but now I am just excited..getting all of my points that I want to make on paper so I don't sound like a fool! I am one of the lucky ones who always seems to meet with my senator and representative..not sure how that happens! (maybe it is because last year I chased down my representative in the hall going to a vote to talk to him, it is good to know what these people look like lol) I wish more people were coming to Washington, it seems like there are hardly any people coming from my school this year! This stinks but what can you do! I think the more active you are and the more you talk to the people with some power you can get things done, we just need more people to be pro-active! Wish me luck in pushing my politics..eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment