Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I've made it...almost

ONE MORE DAY LEFT..of internal med! I am so happy that it is almost over because I really can't take it anymore. I feel like I have been on fam med for another 8 weeks and it is killing me. It isn't that I don't like family med, it is just that I am so gosh darn bored. Also, my doctor is kind of an ass but I guess you will get that on rotations. Hmm...I am also deciding I hate 'medicine'..i.e. taking care of people who just have HTN, diabetes or sinus infections...now a pregnant woman with HTN that is a different story lol!

I am starting psych next..in the psych ward woooo. It should be okay I hope! I am soo not into psych at all.

Signed up for another ob rotation for my elective in May. Very excited about it! I am picking what residency programs I am looking at now and am busy setting up rotations for next year. This is really hard, esp when you get no direction from your school.

3 comments:

  1. Where are you looking at residencies and rotations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking at rotations and residencies all over the us actually..mostly in the east though (1 program in Oregon that is a family med residency but heavy on the OB!). I am trying to set up audition rotations in Columbus, Ohio, a few places in New York and some in Chicago..other than that I have no real idea! It is hard to set up audition rotations because of the requirements of some hospitals and I only have a few weeks of electives so I have to pick and choose places. Also, I have noticed a lot of MD hospitals do not allow Osteopathic students to rotate there..sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, since MD students don't do rotations at DO institutions, some MD institutions don't allow DO students to rotate there. And some charge money.

    Speaking of Oregon, I am looking at OHSU, and mostly stuff all over the southeast.

    ReplyDelete