Tuesday, December 22, 2009

rant

Okay..so this is a little rant about boards! Why are step 2 boards so expensive! How does one expect a medical student to pay over 1600 dollars for a test! It is crazy. The written is about 500 and the PE is about 1100. You have to add in a flight and hotel room in Philly too! It is just so much to think about right now. I don't even have the money, which is why I have yet to sign up and the test dates are pretty much booked up until November now for the PE, which sucks! I don't know how everybody does it!

One positive is that I am pretty dead set on OB/GYN at this point. I started ER (today was my second day) and it isn't as bad as IM but isn't my bag either. So far I have done my first intubation though, which is exciting! I also did my first ER pelvic exam on a woman with pelvic pain. My doc asked if I need him to come me and needed me in the room and I said no that I had and I would be fine, which I think made him happy ( I did have a student nurse help me out, you have to have someone else in the room duh!). Two days down of ER 14 to go! Hopefully we get some cool trauma on New Year's! Okay I shouldn't say that..but I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment