Monday, May 24, 2010

no more ob...sad!

I have finished yet another rotation! One more rotation (peds) and I will be a forth year! This is exciting news! I am so slammed right now with things to do I can't even think about it. I am studying for boards (aug 23rd!), planning a wedding and planning my next year. I also am working on my application for residencies. I need to get working on my personal statement but have my cv done at least!

Can I just say that my OB/GYN rotation was once again great! My preceptor is just amazing. We had a long convo about other docs in the area and how the practice...he likes to make comments like if you were with so and so they would have done a c-section or an exploratory lap etc. Then we would talk about why he doesn't do that stuff in those situations and why I shouldn't either! Don't get me wrong I did disagree with him in some things but mostly I think he is a great doc! The rotation did make me baby crazy though. I really would love to have a baby but it just isn't the time. I feel like I have to PLAN EVERYTHING about my life from now on. I know I can't go to interviews being really pregnant, I don't think that would look very good!

Off to making sure I like my CV and starting a personal statement! I am writing two..one for Ob/gyn and one for family med-women's health tracks. I wish I had an in at an OB/GYN residency..but I don't..boo!

PS. I don't watch a lot of tv but I was watching 18 kids and counting and I saw the one have a wonderful homebirth..love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment